Friday, September 12, 2008

Coffee Passion

This has been a great week. I want to give all the emphasis on last night, so will not, for now, mention the other highlights. I do swear, that at some point I'll get picks up and will have pics from Thursday night's fun event.

There is a group of hard core coffee fanatics here in Jo'burg. These guys are really passionate about good coffee. But they aren't snobs. They are down-to-earth, and interested in bringing this passion to others. And god know that Jo'burg is not the place of good coffee, so these guys have open houses to, yes, talk about coffee!!! I am in love.




This is Jonathan who, along with his sister, owns Bean There Coffee Co. He is my alter ego. They only roast single origin African Beans. They are bringing the concept of fair trade coffee to SA, and have a few beans, which they have selected themselves. They were able to tell stories about the farm owners from whom they buy their beans.


They showed of their coffee roaster. The beans looked terrific. I had fond memories of my much too little used coffee roaster back in MA. Which is getting some use by friends.
Anyway, it was fun. They got espresso novices up on the espresso machine and pulled shots, as well the fanatics showing off their "Latte Art" skills. Fun stuff, with a great buzz the whole night.
I'm off to get a cup.