Friday, January 2, 2009

Shifting Gears

I asked one silly question today (in the adult ID/HIV clinic), just to prove that I've been in pediatrics for the past 6 months...
 
"Do we give them written appointment cards?"
 
I'm so use to the hand-holding of pediatrics... Do everything to ensure that the parent's fully understand treatment plans, and when the next appointments is, checking if they'll be able to afford to make it to the clinic/hospital etc etc etc.. So the prof looked at me with a small smile.
 
"Nope, their responsibility to keep their appointments."
 
It was a "light" day in clinic today. Jo'burg is still in holiday mode, and the streets are empty of traffic, and most people have been away from work since mid-december, to return sometime between the 5th, and 15th. A light day... we still saw 100 patients today in the clinic. A light day. I didn't ask what a busy day was going to be like.. but I peeked at the patient list from the 30th, and they saw 160 patients that day. Wow, it's going to be busy. And it's going to be a great month..
 
Aside from work, have been fighting off germs that I nicely acquired on my last day in Kathmandu. Am on the mend. Am staying with S&S, and then headed back to my old house a week from tomorrow.
 
Will hopefully have pics up from Nepal over the weekend-need to get somewhere with wifi to upload form my computer. I took about 1140 pics, but have managed to get that number down to 1000. Don't worry,  they are not all going up, but you can rest assured that when I see you next I will make you see all 1000!
 
Hope your 2009 is off to a great start.


BPB