Saturday, June 21, 2008

Abu Dhabi

I'm in Abu Dhabi airport, had a great flight here. Watched 3 movies. Hats off to Ethihad airlines. Wonderful service as well.
 
While over Belgium, I really began to settle down. I looked out to the cities below (well, the lights of the city) and had this sense of adventure, and finally began to feel excited again about this upcoming experience. The planning details had been all encompassing recently...
 
Anyway, my battery is about to die. So this is short.
 
Here are a few pics from the sendoff. My bon voyage entourage spent some time with me at the airport before leaving me at security... It was great to see a few friends for drinks the night before, and then to be driven to NYC. Thanks to Lucia for the great hospitality, and letting us barge in at 2am!