Friday, August 1, 2008

Missing Out...

Tomorrow I'm missing a wedding.
 
There will be many things I miss in the next 11 months. When I started to plan this a year ago, I didn't take into consideration the events I would miss out on. I knew there would be things that happen that I'd like to witness. Both things planned, and unexpected.
 
This is the second wedding that I'll miss while in South Africa. The first was in 2003, when my little brother got married. This time, one of my dearest friends is getting married in San Francisco. Ona introduced me to my favorite coffee in the world, has hosted me numerous times when I needed to hang out and needed an escape. She was one of the people I clubbed with regularly, many, many years ago. If I were able to make it to her wedding, I would take Mint Aero Bars as a wedding gift, because when she visited in Dublin we ate Aero Bars and made outrageous jokes one night...
 
Tomorrow night, I'll have a silent toast and some mint aero bars to celebrate from afar.